Based in Calgary, Alberta, Brandon is an ACMG apprentice ski and apprentice hiking guide, a freelance photographer, and a sustainable tourism specialist. Growing up in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies he cultivated a strong disposition for the natural world, which led him to pursue a degree in ecotourism and outdoor leadership followed by professional skiing and hiking certifications from the ACMG.
From multi-week basecamps on the ice-fields in the Yukon to a months long journey through the taiga of Siberia, Brandon finds comfort in longterm wilderness experiences and enjoys utilizing outdoor pursuits like splitboarding, hiking, and biking to actively explore those hard-to-reach destinations. Behind a camera, Brandon has an acute affinity for photography and loves capturing those adventurous moments and the nature surrounding them. With a background in sustainable tourism he has been fortunate to travel and work around the world including ski guiding in Japan, tourism consultation in Kyrgyzstan and with the United Nations Development Programme in Ukraine.
Get in touch with Brandon here.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
• Apprentice Ski Guide - Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG)
• Apprentice Hiking Guide - Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG)
• Avalanche Operations Level 1 - Canadian Avalanche Association
• 90 Hour Wilderness First Responder - Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine
• Bachelor of Applied Ecotourism & Outdoor Leadership - Mount Royal University